Travel Plans: Be Prepared ~ Never Spend a Dime

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Travel Plans: Be Prepared

This is a weird posting, I know, but it is relevant to budget planning and being prepared. My company sent me to New York for training and all was well. That is, until the weather wrecked havoc with return flights and mine was cancelled for two days! Yes, that's right -- two days in New York city without a company credit card.

The good news is I was prepared. I wasn't traveling on my last dime and my bank account was not empty. The company will reimburse me. As a matter of fact, as soon as I walked in the office, they were ready for my expense report.

Point being, if I were living from paycheck to paycheck, I would have been sleeping the night in the airport and extremely embarrassed (it's a new job). Not that long ago, my bank account would have been empty and my pillow would have been my luggage.

Those dimes are adding up!

No comments: