If you don't need it, don't buy it. ~ Never Spend a Dime

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

If you don't need it, don't buy it.

I didn't buy it! Whew, that was a test. As I try to adhere to the lessons my grandmother lived by and ultimately, taught her entire family was, if you don't need it, don't buy it. Well, I followed that lesson tonight and I'm kinda proud of myself.

I'm going on a trip to New York for work and my mp3 player is acting weird. Well, I love music and I can't imagine the trip without some tunes. So, it must be time for me to buy an Ipod; I mean, everyone around me has one and it's just time.

Well, guess what? I didn't buy it and that feels good. At the time, I was feeling a little dejected because I really, really wanted one, but instead, I bought a cheapo-deepo that will last, and I can probably re-sale on Ebay when I'm ready to get the Ipod.

Good job!

1 comment:

Caleb Elston said...

Congrats! When you have the goal of being more aware of your spending and take more control of your money, not buying something is empowering! Cheers!