Money is not Stressful ~ Never Spend a Dime

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Money is not Stressful

It's not the money that makes our lives stressful. It's the improper use of money that causes the stress and strain we sometimes associate with money. I'm struggling trying to pay down my debt; well, honestly, I'd like to be debt free. But the struggles isn't just from the money, although more than not that's what I think. Really, it's the fact that I use my money incorrectly.

A few years ago I went to a seminar about motivation and one of the things they asked was how we felt when we get ready to go to work everyday. Well, at the time, I didn't like my job very much, and had lots of vacation. There were days I would wake up and decide this was not the day for me to go to work. I wasn't motivated to complete any work that day and therefore, no need to go.

Spin it. How would you feel about going to work today if you won the lottery? Would your attitude change just for that day if not future days? Well, of course, it would. That's motivation. When you think you can't do something (become debt free), it's all about your motivation. That's why I like reading the forums at Dave Ramsey. Believe it or not, I'm not the only person in debt.

My grandmother was never stressed about money, because money is not stressful. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

No comments: